You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12

Why won't my iPhone 12 sync with my MacBook?

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 6:28 PM

After restarting both, this worked on the 2nd try. At least it appears to have. it is only copying a portion of my music at this moment. Apparently it doesn't like the music I purchased from Amazon and my CDs. I think that is a different problem that I will need to read up on. Thank you for your help

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2021 6:28 PM in response to Axel Foley

After restarting both, this worked on the 2nd try. At least it appears to have. it is only copying a portion of my music at this moment. Apparently it doesn't like the music I purchased from Amazon and my CDs. I think that is a different problem that I will need to read up on. Thank you for your help

Dec 18, 2021 5:54 PM in response to Axel Foley

Yes, I got texted limited to get this started. So about a year ago I got my iPhone 12. I backup my iPhone(s) to my MacBook. When I got my new iPhone 12, I did a backup and it worked and still works today. What I don't think I paid attention to was the sync function. Today I found that I cannot sync even after doing a backup seconds before. Example, If I try to sync my music playlists, it tries for a few minutes and then an error message pops up saying that cannot sync because communication with the iPhone was lost. All the while, the iPhone icon shows in finder. I have tried using a cable and using Wifi, but there is no change. Its like there is something preventing the sync and it just dies out.

iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.