You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compromised password alert.

Hi forum people,

My Dad's iMac has been displaying this today. Is it genuine or has anyone else had it?, as I'm loath to enter the password for password access.

Many thanks in advance if anyone can advise.

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 8:19 AM

Hi Cleetus that means that most of your dad’s password needs to be update because the system detects that they are easy to guess in case if someone try to access them and I highly suggest you to tell your dad to change the password in the websites that are storage in his devices marked with a red circle 🔴 in your Mac , iPhone or iPad if all are using the same iCloud account

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2021 8:19 AM in response to Cleetus73

Hi Cleetus that means that most of your dad’s password needs to be update because the system detects that they are easy to guess in case if someone try to access them and I highly suggest you to tell your dad to change the password in the websites that are storage in his devices marked with a red circle 🔴 in your Mac , iPhone or iPad if all are using the same iCloud account

Dec 19, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Cleetus73

If you legitimately have accounts at the named domain then log in to account in Safari by typing domain name (as opposed to using a link or a bookmark) and change the password.

I'd also suggest getting a password manager such as 1Password. It will create complex passwords that are easy to change if necessary. You only need to remember one password to get into 1Password. Get it? ;-)

Compromised password alert.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.