You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homekit automation of Logitech doorbell

My new Logitech Circle View doorbell is working fine with HomeKit. However, I would like to have exterior security lights turned on when the doorbell detects motion. There is a setup option for this that also allows the lights to turn off after 2 minutes.. the lights come on, but never turn off. I’m using iOS 15.2 with a HomePod hub. Any ideas?

HomePod, 15

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 7:26 AM

Hello sailor,

We understand you'd like your exterior security lights turn on when the doorbell detect motion. We can provide some guidance.

We'd recommend following the guidance here: Create scenes and automations with the Home app

If you need additional assistance, check with the manufacturer for help with the security lights turning off.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2021 7:26 AM in response to sailor

Hello sailor,

We understand you'd like your exterior security lights turn on when the doorbell detect motion. We can provide some guidance.

We'd recommend following the guidance here: Create scenes and automations with the Home app

If you need additional assistance, check with the manufacturer for help with the security lights turning off.

Take care.

Dec 22, 2021 12:49 PM in response to 1ssmith

First, thanks for your reply…

There is a default automation that is part of the add/setup process for this accessory (Logitech Circle View Doorbell). It has an option to turn off a triggered accessory (exterior lights) after a period of time. Unfortunately it is set to “Never” turn them off and it will not remain set to a specific time when it is edited. I set up a new automation with a 2min delay and then turn off, but it is overridden by the default automation, which cannot be deleted… even when the default script is disabled.

Again, any help is appreciated.

David

homekit automation of Logitech doorbell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.