You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive on MacBook stops upload of files

Hello dear community,

since die last update of my MacBook Air I have the trouble with the synch of die iCloud Drive. Nearly every day the upload stocks and ich have to restart the MacBook, so the upload goes further on.

I already deregister from the iCloud but the problems returns a few days later. The problem ist noch seen in my iPhone or iPad.

Any idea, what I can do because I don't want to restart my MacBook every day to solve this problem.

Thanx a lot

René

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 9:34 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 22, 2021 8:41 AM in response to Rainman2021

Hi there René,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with your iCloud Drive files not syncing as expected on your MacBook Air. We have a resource that can help.

Take a look at it here: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

Specifically, check out the section below:

"If your files don't update to iCloud Drive

Check these things first:

If you tried these steps and your files still don’t upload to iCloud, stay signed in to iCloud and save your updated files to a different folder on your Mac or PC. Then contact Apple Support for more help."

Regards.

Dec 27, 2021 2:04 AM in response to Erica_S1

Thanx for your support.

I tried before most of your hint and ideas and the only thing I haven't tried was to save an new file to the iCloud. The result:

And this window doesn't change. I always have to restart the whole MacBook to end the synchronization. So I have do restart the Mac somedays 2 oder 3 times a day.

And ich switched to the Apple Systems because I don't want to restart my working system every day....

So maybe you have an other idea, what can fix the problem I have?

Thanx a lot.

René

iCloud Drive on MacBook stops upload of files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.