You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 max pro

I just received my new 13 max pro phone from ATT store but my service is with Consumer Cellular so do I need to contact them for a Sims card

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 3:29 PM

I am not sure why you purchase the IPhone from ATT&T to use with another carrier (Consumer Cellular). I believe that you may have done this because Consumer Cellular does not sell the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The issue that you may run into is that the iPhone may be locked to AT&T and if it is, then you will not be able to use it with Consumer Cellulars (or any other carrier than AT&T). Ensure that the iPhone is unlocked and is ready to use with another carrier. This can be confirmed by contacting AT&T and they will inform you what the requirements are to get the iPhone unlocked if necessary.

What you should have done: (For future reference)

You should have purchased an unlocked iPhone directly from Apple. If you purchase the iPhone from the Apple Website then you can choose the “set up on my own later” option instead of a carrier name. This will require a payment in full cost of the iPhone, however, the iPhone will be unlocked and you can then use it with any carrier.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2021 3:29 PM in response to damts

I am not sure why you purchase the IPhone from ATT&T to use with another carrier (Consumer Cellular). I believe that you may have done this because Consumer Cellular does not sell the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The issue that you may run into is that the iPhone may be locked to AT&T and if it is, then you will not be able to use it with Consumer Cellulars (or any other carrier than AT&T). Ensure that the iPhone is unlocked and is ready to use with another carrier. This can be confirmed by contacting AT&T and they will inform you what the requirements are to get the iPhone unlocked if necessary.

What you should have done: (For future reference)

You should have purchased an unlocked iPhone directly from Apple. If you purchase the iPhone from the Apple Website then you can choose the “set up on my own later” option instead of a carrier name. This will require a payment in full cost of the iPhone, however, the iPhone will be unlocked and you can then use it with any carrier.

Axel F.

13 max pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.