You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Ipad 6 Overloading USB 3 ports!

My pc USB 3 ports indicate USB overload when my Ipad Mini 6 is plugged in. Is there anything I can do? I have a relatively new pc.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 8:07 AM

It sounds like you had iTunes configured to sync wirelessly for the old iPad. You will need to check and reconfigure iTunes to deal with the two devices. You can set them individually, but since they are logged into the same Apple ID, as long as you continue to use the old iPad and it is configured to put everything on all devices, it will work that way.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2021 8:07 AM in response to saxman_83201

It sounds like you had iTunes configured to sync wirelessly for the old iPad. You will need to check and reconfigure iTunes to deal with the two devices. You can set them individually, but since they are logged into the same Apple ID, as long as you continue to use the old iPad and it is configured to put everything on all devices, it will work that way.

Dec 21, 2021 4:38 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you. Im trying to have my pc’s Itunes sync with my ipad mini 6 (new). Interesting and valid point on the charging from USB port. Mini 6 was at 68% charge but I will try again after full charge. PC Itunes thinks the new ipad is the old ipad. I will keep trying things. I love the mini 6, it’s just posing a challenge to get the essentially now defunct but stiil operable Itunes (pc) to recognize the mini.

Dec 22, 2021 6:59 AM in response to saxman_83201

I also noticed that the older ipad data transfer to the mini 6 was not yet totally complete when I was trying to sync thecorded mini6 perhaps leading Itunes to “confusion” as to which ipad it was talking to. Something I find fascinating is that the pc itunes synced with my older ipad WIRELESSLY adding an album to OLDER ipad’s itunes that I had added to my pc Itunes library. Skynet here we come. The Robert Plant & Alison Krauss lp I was TRYING to add to mini6 library was found later on older ipad wirelessly added.

Mini Ipad 6 Overloading USB 3 ports!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.