You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The health app consistently crashes when attempting to view "Data Sources & Access" from within Heart Rate

I'm running the iOS 15.2.

I noticed that the health app consistently crashes when attempting to view "Data Sources & Access" from within Heart Rate.

I managed to take a quick screen shot before the crash which happens less than a second after clicking "Data Sources & Access".

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 5:50 AM

my issues is similar (iOS 15.2.1 on iPhone 13)

the health app crashes and the only way to get it back is a forced restart.

the settings app "hangs" (is unresponsive) for the health privacy settings when making changes to "allow 'app' to write" to off. In my case, using Health Mate app.

the current state seems to impact a number of "linked" apps - Strava, Rise Science causing them to hang as well.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2022 5:50 AM in response to Sunnydays98

my issues is similar (iOS 15.2.1 on iPhone 13)

the health app crashes and the only way to get it back is a forced restart.

the settings app "hangs" (is unresponsive) for the health privacy settings when making changes to "allow 'app' to write" to off. In my case, using Health Mate app.

the current state seems to impact a number of "linked" apps - Strava, Rise Science causing them to hang as well.

Dec 22, 2021 6:37 PM in response to CPU Doctor

I definitely fixed it this time. I installed an app that was not installed but was on my previous iPhone, the "Map My Ride" app.

Apparently the health app was crashing when attempting to read settings or some other data for an app that was not installed on the phone but was still in the list of apps allowed to read data.

I would be happy to hear any thoughts from Apple on this

The health app consistently crashes when attempting to view "Data Sources & Access" from within Heart Rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.