You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini does not recognize voice of other family member

We can set up our home with the home app on an iPad, or computer and it works fine for the Resident (owner), and we can add the wife in as Resident (Admin) too but no matter how many times we follow all of the instructions, it never recognizes her voice. It always thinks it's his voice. Even when corrected it doesn't get fixed. We've restarted the homepod, recreated the home itself, and re-entered the setup process info multiple times. Nothing will get her recognized, though it will respond to commands or questions but won't pull HER information like playlists, calendar etc. There's only the two of us in the house.

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 8:54 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 23, 2021 3:12 PM in response to DarrellPayne

Hello DarrellPayne, 

Apple Support Communities is a wonderful place for help with the HomePod Mini, and we’re glad you were directed here from the related article Share control of your home

Since having issues with voice recognition on the HomePod mini, have you reviewed the following article? If not, make sure you’re walking through those steps when setting up voice recognition. There is also section titled If Siri doesn’t recognize you which lists great troubleshooting steps, and may help with resolving this issue. 

Set up voice recognition on HomePod mini or HomePod

Take care!

Dec 27, 2021 1:47 PM in response to 1ssmith

She's a member of the home. My name shows up and under it says Resident (Owner), and her name shows up as well but says below it Resident (Admin). The option to "Recognize My Voice" does NOT show up for her. Add and edit Accessories is on, but grayed so she cannot change it. Control Accessories Remotely is also ON, but grayed out so she can't change it. As owner I can change those two setting. Siri will turn on a light for her, but it won't get HER playlists, calendars, etc. And it does NOT recognize her VOICE. I have removed her and invited her back in multiple times. All of the Apple services she uses requiring her Apple ID work fine though. Her iPhone (8 PLUS) works well for anything else. Just can't do the smart home fun stuff. What are we missing? I've followed all of the Apple suggestions here and in response to other users. Nothing seems to fix this for us.

HomePod mini does not recognize voice of other family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.