You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Lightning SD card camera reader. The adapter will not fit in my Apple Pro port. Do I need something else to transfer pictures from the SD card?

I have a Lightning SD card camera reader. The adapter will not fit in my Apple Pro port. Do I need something else to transfer pictures from the SD card?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 10:58 AM

Does your camera have a port to allow you to transfer via direct connection to your Mac? We have several Canon and Nikon cameras and all the newer ones have his feature and came with the cable. We find this, even wireless when available, far better than trying to get our various Macs to read SD cards reliably.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2021 10:58 AM in response to Bic_Pen

Does your camera have a port to allow you to transfer via direct connection to your Mac? We have several Canon and Nikon cameras and all the newer ones have his feature and came with the cable. We find this, even wireless when available, far better than trying to get our various Macs to read SD cards reliably.

Dec 24, 2021 8:23 AM in response to Bic_Pen

Hey Bic_Pen,

It appears that you're having a problem finding the right adapter for your SD card reader. The one you have isn't fitting any of the ports on your Mac, and we're glad to provide assistance.

USB-C to SD Card Reader - Apple  -- If you own a 2020 13" MacBook Pro, you'll need this adapter to work with your Mac.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.