You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix my notifications for messages

After I updated to IOS 15 my iPhone XR stopped the sounds for messages. I have checked everything from do not disturb to notifications and everything is fine. Is there a bug or something. Is happening to my spouse's iPhone too.

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:36 PM

Elizabeth Rodriguez,

Thanks for providing those additional details. When paired with your iPhone, your notifications will be on either your iPhone or your Apple Watch. Check out the link below and let us know if this helps.

Notifications on your Apple Watch

Kind regards.

3 replies

Dec 24, 2021 10:15 AM in response to Elizabeth Rodriguez

Hi Elizabeth Rodriguez,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to hear notification sounds for messages. Are you running the latest version of iOS 15? You can verify this in Settings > General > Software Update. Please also take a look at the article below and let us know if this helps.

Change message notifications on iPhone

Cheers!

Dec 24, 2021 10:27 AM in response to jdo_apple

I am running the latest version and I have checked everything In The article. Somewhere I read that iOS 15 only allows sounds/notifications in Apple Watch or iPhone and not both. That is really not good. Is that true? I do have the Apple Watch and I get vibrations on my watch but no sounds. On my iPhone I get nothing.

Elizabeth

How to fix my notifications for messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.