You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I sync selected songs from my windows 10 computer to my iphone

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 4:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 9:13 AM

I don't think it's possible to select individual songs as such, but you can either create a Playlist and Sync that, or select albums, artists or genres.

• Once you decide, connect the device to iTunes and click on the Device icon:

• that shows you the Device/Settings/Summary pane
  • switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.):

• tick the box named Sync Music (2.)
  • in 3., choose Selected Playlists, artists albums and genres. Only now will you see the sections in 4.
  • choose the items you wish to sync from section boxes 4. If songs is listed, it will be further down that screen, but I'm pretty sure it isn't there
  • if you've made a Playlist, choose that. Otherwise, select the albums etc. that you want.
  • Click on the Sync (or Apply) button in the lower tight corner of the window (not shown in the screenshot)

One other possibility; if you have Sync only ticked songs and videos selected (on the Device/Settings/Summary pane), you can then untick (uncheck) any song in the Library and it will then not be added to the device. This is a clumsy and cumbersome method, I don't recommend it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2021 9:13 AM in response to JohnPeterborough

I don't think it's possible to select individual songs as such, but you can either create a Playlist and Sync that, or select albums, artists or genres.

• Once you decide, connect the device to iTunes and click on the Device icon:

• that shows you the Device/Settings/Summary pane
  • switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.):

• tick the box named Sync Music (2.)
  • in 3., choose Selected Playlists, artists albums and genres. Only now will you see the sections in 4.
  • choose the items you wish to sync from section boxes 4. If songs is listed, it will be further down that screen, but I'm pretty sure it isn't there
  • if you've made a Playlist, choose that. Otherwise, select the albums etc. that you want.
  • Click on the Sync (or Apply) button in the lower tight corner of the window (not shown in the screenshot)

One other possibility; if you have Sync only ticked songs and videos selected (on the Device/Settings/Summary pane), you can then untick (uncheck) any song in the Library and it will then not be added to the device. This is a clumsy and cumbersome method, I don't recommend it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.