You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages on iPadOS crashes when trying to edit?

I wanted to edit one of my pages documents (linked to iCloud) on my iPad Pro (M1 11-inch, 2021). Just as I was going to type in a letter (not even a full word), the app crashed and brought me back to the Home Screen INSTANTANEOUSLY. So then I need to edit on my Mac

I’ve checked my iPad’s storage, software updates, the app’s update, restarted my iPad, etc. They’re all fine.

Help 🙏 !!!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 5:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 9:20 AM

Same deal here. A possible work-around is to write text at the bottom of the document, and then to paste it where you want it.

I can't recall a single time Pages has crashed on me. Please don't make me go back to Collabora Office! 🤨

[Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 25, 2021 5:20 PM in response to Kuaroo

I think his has been happening since ios 15.2.

For what its worth:

Happens in my ipad and iphone, local and iCloud docs, new and old docs.

Example to reproduce, open a new blank doc, type a few words, then add a footnote. Fails at first letter of footnote. Similarly, fails at first character after a table.

I hope this bug will be squashed with ios 15.3.

Using google docs in the meantime…

Pages on iPadOS crashes when trying to edit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.