You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple tv 4 k is blinking and doesnt connect to the tv anymore. What shall I do?

The Apple TV was working on the TV but I haven’t used it for a few months. No I want to switch it on but it’s only blinking and it shows nothing on the screen I can’t even see the settings it’s completely dark what should I do?

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 9:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 3:58 AM

A continuously flashing status light may indicate that the system software needs to be restored. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t connect their device to a computer to do this themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you see a […] flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2021 3:58 AM in response to Silverfox966

A continuously flashing status light may indicate that the system software needs to be restored. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t connect their device to a computer to do this themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you see a […] flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

My apple tv 4 k is blinking and doesnt connect to the tv anymore. What shall I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.