You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage full, can't delete photos or offload apps - please help!

Hi, does anyone know how I can free-up space on my phone in what seem to be unusual circumstances? I've only got a 32GB iPhone (7) and it's full. I've got 200GB storage capacity on the iCloud and have only used 49.9GB but I can't backup to the iCloud, apparently because my storage is too full. The same re backing up via iTunes on my computer - it won't sync because I don't have enough space on the iPhone.

The only app on my phone is WhatsApp and it won't offload - I select the option and nothing happens. It also won't let me delete photos - I select delete, go to my deleted photos folder, and they're not there but have reappeared in the 'recent' folder when I check back. There also seems to be a backlog of photos 'somewhere' - occasionally, when I turn my phone on and go to 'photos,' it says 'updating paused for 7,033 items.' I don't have any other apps and have deleted my history and data from Safari, but still have a huge amount of storage capacity taken up with 'other.' I'm desperate not to lose my photos. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get my phone working again? Thanks.

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 9:54 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 26, 2021 9:01 AM in response to ALB81_cantuseiPhone

Hello ALB81_cantuseiPhone,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand you're experiencing storage issues with your iPhone. We'll be glad to assist.

Please complete the steps here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you're still unable to resolve this, please reach out to Apple directly: Get Support

Take care.

iPhone storage full, can't delete photos or offload apps - please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.