You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my Wi-Fi speed to 2.4 g on my iPhone 13 Pro MAX?

How do I change my Wi-Fi speed to 2.4 g on my iPhone 13 Pro MAx

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 3:59 PM

Could you explain your situation and requirements in a little more detail?

2.4 GHz is a band, with various channels, and various different Wi-Fi network speeds are available within that band.

Which Wi-Fi band and which channels within the band you can and will connect to (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz) depends on your Wi-Fi hardware and your hardware configuration, and depends on your physical location.

Your Wi-Fi router will offer an SSID Wi-Fi network name, and your Wi-Fi client will connect to the client-accessible channels available with that SSID on whichever bands are available on both the Wi-Fi client and the Wi-Fi router.

One Wi-Fi network can offer one channel in one band, or many channels across the available bands.

If you need to require a channel in 2.4 GHz, then you’ll likely need to reconfigure the router to offer a SSID for that channel or channels.

2.4 GHz wouldn’t be my usual choice generally, as that band tends to have more interference than does 5 GHz or 6 GHz.

*Apple isn’t offering Wi-Fi 6E and 6 GHz quite yet.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2021 3:59 PM in response to Dragnfli

Could you explain your situation and requirements in a little more detail?

2.4 GHz is a band, with various channels, and various different Wi-Fi network speeds are available within that band.

Which Wi-Fi band and which channels within the band you can and will connect to (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz) depends on your Wi-Fi hardware and your hardware configuration, and depends on your physical location.

Your Wi-Fi router will offer an SSID Wi-Fi network name, and your Wi-Fi client will connect to the client-accessible channels available with that SSID on whichever bands are available on both the Wi-Fi client and the Wi-Fi router.

One Wi-Fi network can offer one channel in one band, or many channels across the available bands.

If you need to require a channel in 2.4 GHz, then you’ll likely need to reconfigure the router to offer a SSID for that channel or channels.

2.4 GHz wouldn’t be my usual choice generally, as that band tends to have more interference than does 5 GHz or 6 GHz.

*Apple isn’t offering Wi-Fi 6E and 6 GHz quite yet.

Dec 25, 2021 6:53 PM in response to Dragnfli

Dragnfli wrote:

I will check my router - I am trying to sync some light bulbs and they do not work with 5 g . Thank You for the prompt response and Merry Christmas!

So long as your Wi-Fi router network name (SSID) is configured for and broadcasting at least one 2.4 GHz channel, the Wi-Fi should be compatible with these 2.4 GHz devices.

How do I change my Wi-Fi speed to 2.4 g on my iPhone 13 Pro MAX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.