You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two instances of the same Apple Mail app on an iPhone

For some reason, my wife has two instances of the same Apple Mail app on her iPhone. This is the baked-into-the-OS Mail app.

Two questions: why? And how do I safely delete one?

My wife frequently forgets her account passwords. If I delete one, and both disappear, I’m not entirely sure she’ll be able to assess her email account in the future.

Thanks.

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 12:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 12:21 AM

Account passwords can be reset easily on a web browser.

Nothing gets deleted on the iOS mail app if you have the default IMAP configuration. If you have POP3 you will lose all mails based on the settings.

The best option would be to update your iOS to 15.2 and take a backup on iCloud or iTunes and safely restore from it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2021 12:21 AM in response to iJaboney

Account passwords can be reset easily on a web browser.

Nothing gets deleted on the iOS mail app if you have the default IMAP configuration. If you have POP3 you will lose all mails based on the settings.

The best option would be to update your iOS to 15.2 and take a backup on iCloud or iTunes and safely restore from it.

Two instances of the same Apple Mail app on an iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.