You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sold iMac in 2015 and current owners info is showing up all over my Apple ID.

I must not of wiped everything completely back then and I just got a new iPad and our info seems to be mixing together (See Picture)

My name is not Keith L.

That is my profile pic

Thats not my address or Phone number that should be tied to my apple ID

That is my Birthday etc.

I've contacted this guy through email and he says my stuff is showing up when he does zoom meetings etc.

How can this all be fixed? What does he need to do on his end so he doesn't see my info and vice versa.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 12:24 PM

Have them boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCrl_4k0aqo

OS X Recovery

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2021 12:24 PM in response to zimcity

Have them boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCrl_4k0aqo

OS X Recovery

Sold iMac in 2015 and current owners info is showing up all over my Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.