You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

so i got a new phone and want to deactivate my old phone how do i do that if my phone is not with me

so i got a new phone and want to deactivate my old phone how do i do that if my phone is not with me

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 12:03 PM

Erase a device

1. Open the Find My app and choose the Devices tab.
  2. Select the device you want to remotely erase.
  3. Scroll down and choose Erase This Device.
  4. Select Erase This [device].

If your missing device is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, you shouldn't erase your device. Instead, file a claim for your lost or stolen device.

What happens if you erase a device

When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to track it using Find My. 

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2021 12:03 PM in response to deggie

Erase a device

1. Open the Find My app and choose the Devices tab.
  2. Select the device you want to remotely erase.
  3. Scroll down and choose Erase This Device.
  4. Select Erase This [device].

If your missing device is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, you shouldn't erase your device. Instead, file a claim for your lost or stolen device.

What happens if you erase a device

When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to track it using Find My. 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.