You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS12

Which printers are compatible with MAC OS 12.1?

I am trying to find printers compatible with macOS 12.1. We purchased an expensive wireless printer whose manufacturer does not have a driver for OS 12.1, and their tech support does not know when, or if, they will publish one.

I worked on installing a printer that matches the model number, and sometimes in works immediately, and sometime it can take up to 10 minutes plus to get a print job. This is not acceptable.

Does anyone know of a printer that works with OS 12.1 right out of the box?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 6:33 PM

9 replies

Dec 26, 2021 7:24 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Bob,

Thank you again for your reply.

Based on your list here is what I need:

• color
  • laser
  • wireless or ethernet connection
  • speed, greater than 20 pages per minute, color
  • print only
  • paper cartridge at least 500 pages
  • a bypass option for printing envelopes or other special paper
  • print on 8.5"X11" and 8.5"X14", from the cartridges
  • prefer first color page printed within 10 seconds
  • Must connect with macOS 12 print job, even when asleep.
  • Must have resolution of at least 600 X 600, prefer greater resolution
  • Printer will be on stand approximately 20" X 20", that rolls so front, side, or back load acceptable

Thank you! I would appreciate any direction you may provide.

Dec 26, 2021 6:55 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Bob,

Thank you for your reply.

I need a printer that prints as soon as possible with a job that I send from my macOS12 MacBook Pro. Again, the intermittent connection with the Brother that we purchased is not acceptable and I need to find a printer that connects consistently and that prints in a reasonable amount of time.

Can anyone recommend a printer that works consistently with macOS12, preferably a color laser printer?

Dec 26, 2021 6:58 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

You state there are many compatible printers. Where does one find that list? I have been searching many printer manufacturing websites and they advertise compatibility with AirPrint, but do not provide specifics on how to set up the printer for macOS12. They also do not know when or if a driver for macOS12 will become available.

So any suggestions on how to find one would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dec 26, 2021 7:43 PM in response to stumpjumper27695

stumpjumper27695 wrote:

• Bob,

Thank you again for your reply.

Based on your list here is what I need:
<snip>
Thank you! I would appreciate any direction you may provide.

I suggest you take your list and research available printers that meet your needs. Then when you have this final list, contact the printer manufacturers' pages to see if they the printers on your list work with your operating system and computer.

macOS12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.