You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After erasing my HD, I try to install MacOS, but it says it requires an internet connection. What now? I can't setup wifi at this point. I have an ethernet to USB dongle, but the Mac doesn't recognize it.

After erasing my HD, I try to install MacOS, but it says it requires an internet connection. What now? I can't setup wifi at this point. I have an ethernet to USB dongle, but the Mac doesn't recognize it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:47 AM

Which MacBook Air model do you have and what did you do to "erase" your hard drive?

5 replies

Jan 4, 2022 1:47 AM in response to SdaoMike

Reset SMC and NVRAM

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

SdaoMike wrote:

I have same problem. MBP5,3 2009 model.
HD crashed - replaced with new hard drive so cannot do this. does not connect or recognise any WiFI network, doesn't pick up ethernet either.

cannot create usb boot drive either without access to another similar Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.