You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading numbers for Mac

I keep trying to download numbers for Mac from the App Store but I only get an error message stating "Numbers can’t be installed on “10.14” because macOS version 11 or later is required." Oddly, I am running Mac OS 10.15.7. What is this asking for?

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 2:15 PM

It is saying you need to have MacOS 11 or higher. You have 10.15.7 which is less than 11. I have no idea why it thinks you have 10.14. Maybe it is just an incorrectly worded message.

There are often questions here about how to download a compatible earlier version of Numbers. I cannot recall the answer(s), though, if there have been any. I wish Apple would serve those earlier version up for those with older OS versions and older Macs.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 29, 2021 2:15 PM in response to johnnyfralin

It is saying you need to have MacOS 11 or higher. You have 10.15.7 which is less than 11. I have no idea why it thinks you have 10.14. Maybe it is just an incorrectly worded message.

There are often questions here about how to download a compatible earlier version of Numbers. I cannot recall the answer(s), though, if there have been any. I wish Apple would serve those earlier version up for those with older OS versions and older Macs.

downloading numbers for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.