You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook on Safari lagging and crashing

For awhile now Facebook has been lagging and eventually stalling on Safari on Mac. This seems to be an issue that's been going for over a year now, (maybe since FB redesign), on several different OS's and system configurations for many users.

Has anyone found an answer to why this is, or is found a fix (other than using a different browser) ?

Thanks

Mojave, Safari 14.1.2

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 4:10 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 30, 2021 12:19 PM in response to JGPMAC

Hello JGPMAC,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that Safari doesn't work as expected when accessing FaceBook. You've come to the right place! We're happy to look into this with you.

Please try the steps in the following resource:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as expected

Let us know the results. Be sure to include specific error messages or any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Jan 18, 2022 4:52 PM in response to JovonaP.

Thanks for your help.

I tried several steps, however I did not mess with the network settings.

Since Facebook works fine on all other browsers but Safari, I simply resort to using those instead.

I see lots of folks having the issue throughout several OS versions since the Facebook redesign and it hasn't been solved in months. I might revisit the issue after upgrading my Mac if it still exists then. There are other video platforms that do not work well on safari, so I need to keep other browser on my Mac anyway.

J

Facebook on Safari lagging and crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.