You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to factory reset iphone8 without computer

can we do it with the phone buttons only ? Like we could before on previous iPhones ?

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:25 PM

You never could factory reset an iPhone without a computer. It has always required that. If you are asking about just a reset, that is still possible with the iPhone 8, however it is called a Force Restart. See the instructions here, Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

However, if you have forgotten the passcode like Lyssa is inquiring, or the iPhone is disabled, then you are going to have to restore the device, which requires the instructions here, If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support and a computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 29, 2021 5:25 PM in response to serge963

You never could factory reset an iPhone without a computer. It has always required that. If you are asking about just a reset, that is still possible with the iPhone 8, however it is called a Force Restart. See the instructions here, Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

However, if you have forgotten the passcode like Lyssa is inquiring, or the iPhone is disabled, then you are going to have to restore the device, which requires the instructions here, If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support and a computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.