You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps transferred to new Apple Watch.

My new Apple Watch should arrive any day now. I have some apps on my iPhone 12 Pro Max that I don’t want transferred to my Apple Watch. I wouldn’t use them with the Apple Watch. Do I pair as usual and delete the apps off the watch after setting it up or can I pick and choose at time of setting up and pairing?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 8:49 AM

Not all iPhone apps are compatible with Apple Watch. You have an option to move any that are to the watch when you set it up. Or you can set it up completely manually and choose what apps are available from your app library that you want on your watch. Either way, you can easily remove any app you don't want on the watch either on the watch directly or using the Apple Watch App on your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2021 8:49 AM in response to CS25

Not all iPhone apps are compatible with Apple Watch. You have an option to move any that are to the watch when you set it up. Or you can set it up completely manually and choose what apps are available from your app library that you want on your watch. Either way, you can easily remove any app you don't want on the watch either on the watch directly or using the Apple Watch App on your iPhone.

Apps transferred to new Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.