You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp mobile data keeps switching off automatically

I switched off mobile for WhatsApp and Now when I switch it back on then I go to WhatsApp, it switches itself automatically off. I have tried everything from uninstalling Whatsapp and reinstalling it, resetting my network settings, calling my service provider but nothing seems to work. Can someone please help?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 10:05 AM

Good day to you nelisiwe1997, 

We understand that you’re not able to use cellular data with the WhatsApp app. 

A couple things to confirm - 

In Settings > Cellular/Mobile Data is WhatsApp enabled? Is this where you see cellular data get disabled or is it disabled as a whole on your device when using the app? 

Is your iPhone up to date? Your profile shows we’re working with an iPhone 6s and latest iOS for that is iOS 15.2. You can verify in Settings > General > About. 

Do you use any VPN or security software on your iPhone? If so, can you temporarily remove it and see if the issue persists? 

Thanks. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2021 10:05 AM in response to nelisiwe1997

Good day to you nelisiwe1997, 

We understand that you’re not able to use cellular data with the WhatsApp app. 

A couple things to confirm - 

In Settings > Cellular/Mobile Data is WhatsApp enabled? Is this where you see cellular data get disabled or is it disabled as a whole on your device when using the app? 

Is your iPhone up to date? Your profile shows we’re working with an iPhone 6s and latest iOS for that is iOS 15.2. You can verify in Settings > General > About. 

Do you use any VPN or security software on your iPhone? If so, can you temporarily remove it and see if the issue persists? 

Thanks. 

WhatsApp mobile data keeps switching off automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.