You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 13 isn't starting

Hi All, i am using a macbook pro 13 late 2011 model. My macbook isnt starting and is sounding 3 short beeps 3 long beeps 3 short beeps in every 20 second interval. The screen is completly blank and i am unable to do any kind of reset. Request assistance.

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 10:15 PM

Apple's support document If your Mac beeps during startup says:

Three long beeps, three short, then three long

To resolve a firmware issue, your Mac is restoring its firmware. You might see a progress bar, after which your Mac should start up normally.

Is this what your Mac is doing? You reported short/long/short whereas the support page says long/short/long.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2021 10:15 PM in response to harish

Apple's support document If your Mac beeps during startup says:

Three long beeps, three short, then three long

To resolve a firmware issue, your Mac is restoring its firmware. You might see a progress bar, after which your Mac should start up normally.

Is this what your Mac is doing? You reported short/long/short whereas the support page says long/short/long.

Macbook pro 13 isn't starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.