You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple HomePod mini communicate with Apple TV and iTunes in my Music library (Not Apple Music)

Can Apple HomePod mini communicate with Apple TV and iTunes using my music library?

(Not Apple Music).

Doesn't appear the HomePod mini is very useful.

I have multiple Amazon Echo's that can talk to my Sanyo TV, Yamaha Stereo, Vera ZWave controller, and Feit WIFI electric light switches etc.... thru 3rd party links.

What can the Apple HomePod mini do? (Other than play Apple Music)

I can stream music using Airplay feature but this is a very expensive Speaker if that's all it can do.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:58 AM

Siri on HomePod can call up music from your unhidden purchase history, or your entire iCloud Music Library if you have Apple Music or iTunes Match. In addition Apple Music gives you access to almost the entire iTunes Store catalog. If you don't have either subscription service you are limited to AirPlay. Siri on HomePod is able to control any HomeKit compatible accessories you may have. With iOS 15 Siri on HomePod can also act as a hands free remote for Apple TV. See Use Siri to control Apple TV from your HomePod, iPhone, or iPad - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2022 2:58 AM in response to flyrnw

Siri on HomePod can call up music from your unhidden purchase history, or your entire iCloud Music Library if you have Apple Music or iTunes Match. In addition Apple Music gives you access to almost the entire iTunes Store catalog. If you don't have either subscription service you are limited to AirPlay. Siri on HomePod is able to control any HomeKit compatible accessories you may have. With iOS 15 Siri on HomePod can also act as a hands free remote for Apple TV. See Use Siri to control Apple TV from your HomePod, iPhone, or iPad - Apple Support.

tt2

Can Apple HomePod mini communicate with Apple TV and iTunes in my Music library (Not Apple Music)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.