You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 Macbook Air / Monterey update issue...

Hello all,

I recently bought a 2015 Macbook Air from eBay and everything was fine. Apple immediately notified me that there was an update. After checking on Google I discovered that a 2015 Macbook Air will indeed run Monterey so, knowing that there was enough space on the SSD, I went ahead and ran the update.

Now, having run the update, I just keep getting informed on screen that 'There is about one minute remaining...' and it simply stays like that indefinitely. Switching the laptop off and then back on again simply repeats the loading process up to the aforementioned point.

Can anyone please advise the best course of action?

Cheers.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:14 AM

Shutdown by any means including the Power Button.

Attach to charger and disconnect all external drives.

Restart and Immediately Hold the SHIFT key until the Apple Logo appear and only then release the key.

This is Safe Mode and does a Repairs Disk, clears cache files and only loads Apple Software .

The loading is slow and normal

This may or may not allow the upGrade process to complete and hopefully successfully.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2022 11:14 AM in response to Stevie.G61

Shutdown by any means including the Power Button.

Attach to charger and disconnect all external drives.

Restart and Immediately Hold the SHIFT key until the Apple Logo appear and only then release the key.

This is Safe Mode and does a Repairs Disk, clears cache files and only loads Apple Software .

The loading is slow and normal

This may or may not allow the upGrade process to complete and hopefully successfully.

Jan 3, 2022 10:51 AM in response to Stevie.G61

Hey there Stevie.G61,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues updating your Mac. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Let's follow the steps outlined in this helpful resource that relates to the issue you're having:

If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

2015 Macbook Air / Monterey update issue...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.