You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Family Shared Calendar with Outlook

My "family shared" calendar does not have the ability to choose "public option" to make it sync in Outlook with my other calendars. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,

Kelly

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:43 AM

Thank you, this helped. I was able to get the link to make my shared calendar public on my iPhone and then copied/inserted it into Outlook on my laptop. Much appreciated.

There should be a way to get the "public link" on iCloud access to the calendar. When I access calendar in iCloud and it is a shared calendar with family members, when you click on the ))) type symbol to get the link, it just shows the family members that the calendar is shared with and not the options to make public.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2022 10:43 AM in response to tannerl2

Thank you, this helped. I was able to get the link to make my shared calendar public on my iPhone and then copied/inserted it into Outlook on my laptop. Much appreciated.

There should be a way to get the "public link" on iCloud access to the calendar. When I access calendar in iCloud and it is a shared calendar with family members, when you click on the ))) type symbol to get the link, it just shows the family members that the calendar is shared with and not the options to make public.

Jan 2, 2022 3:50 PM in response to kmbrown914

I’m not sure that there is a good way to integrate an iCloud Calendar into Outlook. However, you can make your family calendar public by going to the Calendar app on iOS or iPadOS. You can click on the “i” icon next to the my name and scroll to the bottom of the list to make the calendar public. You can try to play around with having the calendar set to public, but I’m not confident that you’ll really be able to use the iCloud calendar in Outlook.

Sync Family Shared Calendar with Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.