You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Plus Stuck on "Accessing TV" (3rd Gen)

My Apple TV (3rd Gen), which Apple says is compatible with Apple TV+, would just sit on "Accessing TV" with a spinner. I tried updating, resetting, rebooting, consulted various forums.... nothing worked.

Then, after *hours* of searching, I found a thread "Apple TV Plus Stuck on "Accessing TV" (3rd Gen)" talking about 'Restrictions' and turning them off. A the answer was to turn off Restrictions. For me that was wrong. Restrictions were off already! So I decided to turn on Restrictions and magically, Apple TV+ now works on my 3rd Gen Apple TV.

So, I guess this is more an answer... but Apple locked the popular question threads that show up in search results. I'm hoping people with the problem run across this. It isn't really a fix to Apple's bug as (I was told in this thread) you can't keep restrictions enabled, but this will at least get it going. So far it is working just fine. Pretty bogus on Apple's dev teams part though...

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 10:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:13 AM

… but Apple locked the popular question threads that show up in search results.

The truth is a bit different. Threads are normally only locked by time of inactivity, afaik. Thread size or thread view numbers or thread content are no factor in this.

2 replies

Jan 3, 2022 6:53 AM in response to Polish Rifle

I just wrote in the above comment "For me that was wrong." Well now it is right! After I turned on Restrictions, Apple TV Plus no longer stuck on "Accessing TV". So then I tried to play a movie from my Library. When I played the movie, I got the message back that I was "restricted" from this song even though it was not a song (more bugs in the developers work), but a PG movie. I set the restrictions well above PG to prevent anything like this from happening. I went back to settings and turned off restrictions, and now magicly I can play movies... so far.

Apple TV Plus Stuck on "Accessing TV" (3rd Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.