You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep on getting logged out of most of my websites many times a day while using Safari

For the last month or so, I would get logged out of Amazon, Google, Apple, and a slew of other websites many times an hour (I'm on Monterey 12.1 using Safari 15.2)

At first I tried obvious solutions like rebooting, clearing the extensions, cache, disabling cross-site tracking, not hiding IP address, disabling iCloud Private Relay, etc., but to no use.

I then installed Safari Technology Preview, which I think uses the same cache/bookmarks/settings etc. as Safari. And with this I have no issues staying logged in to my websites.

Does anybody have an idea what the issue could be on Safari, and what I could do to fix it? Worst case I can just keep on using Safari Tech Preview indefinitely, but I'd rather go back to a functioning Safari.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 5:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:50 AM

Hello bgtyu56,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with being signed out of your account on websites on Safari on your Mac. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

Next, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:50 AM in response to bgtyu56

Hello bgtyu56,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with being signed out of your account on websites on Safari on your Mac. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

Next, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

Jan 5, 2022 4:55 AM in response to jdo_apple

Hi jdo_apple,

I followed your recommendations. The disk repair showed no errors, so I next booted into Safe mode and logged back into Amazon, Google and stackexchange. Half a day later I was still logged in, so I rebooted into normal mode and when I went back to Safari, I was still logged in. And the next morning I was still logged in, so that fixed it. I can't figure out what may have gone wrong, but I'm grateful everything's ok again. Thanks!

Jan 5, 2022 4:56 AM in response to jdo_apple

Hi jdo_apple,

I followed your recommendations. The disk repair showed no errors, so I next booted into Safe mode and logged back into Amazon, Google and stackexchange. Half a day later I was still logged in, so I rebooted into normal mode and when I went back to Safari, I was still logged in. And the next morning I was still logged in, so that fixed it. I can't figure out what may have gone wrong, but I'm grateful everything's ok again. Thanks!

I keep on getting logged out of most of my websites many times a day while using Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.