You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on Macbook not controlling speakers (Homepod Mini/MuSo)

Since a recent update to Monterey (12.1) Apple Music on my Macbook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) has stopped being able to control music on Homepod Minis or Naim MuSos. Previous to the update, I was able to use the Apple Music app, select "Control other devices" and then choose the music to play to each individual Homepod. This is now not the case! When I select one of the Homepods that shows up (all of which are showing as "Not Playing") it shows "Switching to...<homepod name>" in the bottom left of the Apple Music app but then resets to the original screen.

I am also no longer able to airplay to these devices. When I select the checkbox next to the speaker/homepod, I get 2 pop up messages - the first says `This speaker is set to allow access to people sharing this home. To play to this speaker from this Mac, change the Home app setting to "Anyone on Same Network"`. The second: `The AirPlay device "SpeakerName" cannot be selected for audio output. Please verify your Network settings and AirPlay configuration or select another device`.

Neither of these happened previous to the update. My iPhone and iPad will still connect and play to all of the devices connected - its just on the Macbook.

Has anyone else come across this and fixed it?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 2:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:31 AM

It mysteriously fixed itself later in the day...

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Music on Macbook not controlling speakers (Homepod Mini/MuSo)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.