You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing- child account

Hi all. We have set up family sharing and created a child account for our daughter. We have found that all photos keep downloading onto the child device. Is there a way to stop this?

Thank you

iPad Pro, 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Weird because photo sharing is not a part of family sharing unless if you guys are using yours iCloud account on your daughter iPhone , example if on her iPhone settings photos shared albums is on then she can create albums to share with you guys and viceversa but I can tell you guys that family sharing doesn’t include photo sharing because I am using with my daughter but she is not a minor but can’t see my photos from any album , ok just to make sure go to your daughters iPhone settings photo and turn off shared albums option

look what family sharing includes by the way I am on the phone with apple support just verify my answer did you all

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:36 AM in response to Tmhean

Weird because photo sharing is not a part of family sharing unless if you guys are using yours iCloud account on your daughter iPhone , example if on her iPhone settings photos shared albums is on then she can create albums to share with you guys and viceversa but I can tell you guys that family sharing doesn’t include photo sharing because I am using with my daughter but she is not a minor but can’t see my photos from any album , ok just to make sure go to your daughters iPhone settings photo and turn off shared albums option

look what family sharing includes by the way I am on the phone with apple support just verify my answer did you all

Family sharing- child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.