You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipads

I have an IPhone 6s Plus which I love. I know there are certain actions that are only on the iPhone 6s Plus.

Iam looking to buy and entry level iPad, I hope.

Not be very Tech Savvy, I’m wondering if there is an IPad that has features more akin to my iPhoto 6s Plus?

I could not explain what those features are, but when I was researching buying a new iphone, I did learn that there are features that make it a “Plus” iPhone 6s.

I hope I’ve conveyed my query clearly.

Thanks for any help any anyone can offer.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 8:37 AM

I use an iPhone 6s as my "daily driver". It is the same phone as yours, only the smaller size. I also use an iPad 6th Generation alongside it. From my perspective, the biggest reasons to keep my iPhone 6s and iPad 6 are the physical earphone jack and TouchID (not FaceID).

One feature that no iPad has, whether WiFi only or WiFi+Cellular, is a built-in telephone. There are some telephonic features available if both iPhone and iPad are signed in to the same Apple ID and are within Bluetooth range of each other, but an iPad is not a cellular telephone. Cellular models have their own Cellular Data radios but not Cellular voice. And you cannot hold it up to your ear like a telephone.

Whatever you decide, make sure that you get an iPad with enough storage memory. For an iPhone 6s, 6s+ or iPad 6, that means 128GB. The iPad 6 is three years old now, but it is the device that most closely resembles the iPhone 6s+ you enjoy so much, and it is readily available on the new, refurbished and used markets. I would expect that you would have no learning curve at all, except perhaps getting used to where the volume and lock buttons are located on the iPad and the fact that it weighs about a pound.

Good luck.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2022 8:37 AM in response to FrauFrau

I use an iPhone 6s as my "daily driver". It is the same phone as yours, only the smaller size. I also use an iPad 6th Generation alongside it. From my perspective, the biggest reasons to keep my iPhone 6s and iPad 6 are the physical earphone jack and TouchID (not FaceID).

One feature that no iPad has, whether WiFi only or WiFi+Cellular, is a built-in telephone. There are some telephonic features available if both iPhone and iPad are signed in to the same Apple ID and are within Bluetooth range of each other, but an iPad is not a cellular telephone. Cellular models have their own Cellular Data radios but not Cellular voice. And you cannot hold it up to your ear like a telephone.

Whatever you decide, make sure that you get an iPad with enough storage memory. For an iPhone 6s, 6s+ or iPad 6, that means 128GB. The iPad 6 is three years old now, but it is the device that most closely resembles the iPhone 6s+ you enjoy so much, and it is readily available on the new, refurbished and used markets. I would expect that you would have no learning curve at all, except perhaps getting used to where the volume and lock buttons are located on the iPad and the fact that it weighs about a pound.

Good luck.

Jan 5, 2022 5:11 AM in response to nny1001

Thank!

bearing in mind my limited understanding of ho these all work, on my 6s Plus there varying “touch” pressures that do certain commands.

im trying to think of actions specific to my current phone and if any of the iPads have those type of features.

I guess also the question could be-what makes the 6s+ Different from other IPhones. What is it that makes 6s+ a 6s+?

Id like to make my jump to a iPad, addition of an IPad , as smooth as possible. Only because of my being not tech savvy.

thanks!

Jan 5, 2022 7:25 AM in response to nny1001

It’s taken me a long time to learn and get comfortable and eventually fall in love with 6s+.

I don’t want to have start all over learning a different Apple product.

more to the point, and in a perfect world, I really just want a bigger 6s+! lol

as I age, even my current bigger Iphone is getting a tad difficult to see details like in photos without enlarging similar things to see better.

I don’t need it to do anything more than my current iphone does.

Im not looking for more bells and whistles.

Ill be keeping my current iPhone to use as a fone.

Looking something similar but bigger screen to use at home

LOL- I think I’m dreaming of having a great camera(like my current fone)that just happens to have a bonus telephone. Lol

thanks for sticking with me on this.

Any insight will help me buy the best fitting iPad for myself🥰

Ipads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.