You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Monitor & MacBook Pro M1

My old Thunderbolt monitor stopped working with my MacBook Pro M1. It still works with an older MacBook Air I have - so appears not to be a problem with the monitor. What troubleshooting steps can I take?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 4:16 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 27, 2022 7:02 PM in response to rachaelfrommissoula

I'm having the same problem... got a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro 3 days ago... everything worked fine until this afternoon, woke the computer up from sleep and the monitor won't wake up... except... the camera and speaker work, just not the display. I updated the computer to the latest macOS Monterey... and it worked until it went to sleep... now the display won't work with ANY of my computers. I also have a 2021 Macbook Pro with Intel chip, and a 2019 Macbook Pro with Intel chip. I've restarted over and over again... Following every suggestion I can find online. I am tearing my hair out. Please help ASAP!

Jan 20, 2022 10:07 AM in response to rachaelfrommissoula

Same issue here. The Apple Thunderbolt monitor was working fine up until about a week ago and my M1 does not recognize the monitor. All other Intel Macbook pros work fine with the monitor, even using the most up-to-date operating system. My MacBook Pro M1 works fine with my 5K LG monitor that has a direct connection using Thunderbolt 2, but no longer on the Apple Thunderbolt monitor using the Thunderbolt 2 > 3 dongle. Please help.

Jan 17, 2022 11:14 AM in response to jdo_apple

I have the Apple Thunderbolt monitor. I have tried restarting in Safe mode. Having the monitor plugged in when I turn on the computer. Plugging the monitor in after my Mac has booted up. I upgraded to Monterey. I bought a new Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. I tried my old MacBook with the monitor - it works. I tried a new travel Lepow monitor (it doesn't connect either).

Thunderbolt Monitor & MacBook Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.