You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

I have iTunes Match en Apple Music. How can I select the playlist on my iPhone in iTunes? Now I have a slelection of playlist that I didn't select myself!

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 1:41 PM

See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support and Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match you shouldn't be syncing your iPhone over USB. See also Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support. You shouldn't be using Home Sharing to view your library on your iPhone, you should enable Sync Library in both your library and device so the two can share a common music collection automatically via the cloud.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2022 1:41 PM in response to PvdLinde

See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support and Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match you shouldn't be syncing your iPhone over USB. See also Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support. You shouldn't be using Home Sharing to view your library on your iPhone, you should enable Sync Library in both your library and device so the two can share a common music collection automatically via the cloud.

tt2

Jan 5, 2022 12:08 PM in response to PvdLinde

Typically when you have either Apple Music or iTunes Match you will enable Sync Library (AKA iCloud Music Library) on your device so that the whole of your iCloud Music Library is available to your device. You can download some of it to the device while the rest remains in the cloud available to stream on demand. You don't need both cloud services, Apple Music includes all of the benefits of iTunes Match.

tt2

Jan 5, 2022 1:23 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your reply!

when I synchronize my iPhone, it seems that there are only 9 playlists visible om my iPhone. Of I push the button homesharing in Apple Music app, it takes a while and then I see all the playlists. When I stop using the app, I have to do the same procedure next time I use the app.

Can I choose the playlists I want to have in my app by myself?

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.