You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud email unresponsive for months

I am unable to access my icloud email from the mail app on my macbook, phone, or from any internet browser through icloud.com/mail for about a year. When I try to log in through a browser, I am flashed a "mail has stopped responding" message before being immediately logged out of icloud. On my phone, I see "server is unresponsive". On the mail application, when I view Mail->preferences, under status, it shows account offline. When I click Mailbox->take all accounts online, nothing changes. When I call Apple support, they have me fiddle around with settings on my phone or the mail app on my devices, but it seems clear to me that this is not the issue, since all modes of accessing my mail is blocked - I believe something is wrong with my account on the icloud end, but support always tells me everything looks fine from their end. Where should I seek help on solving this?

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 1:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 2:45 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with iCloud Mail on all of your devices.

Could you confirm that you have Mail enabled within iCloud Settings?

iOS Settings > Name > iCloud > Mail should be swiped green.

If it is enabled, do you see your iCloud email listed under Settings > Name > Name, Phone Numbers, & Email > Reachable At?

It should be listed, along with your Apple ID email, and your phone number.

The iCloud email should also be listed under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive & Settings > FaceTime.

If it is not, I would recommend disabling Mail in iCloud Settings and enabling again.

That set aside, do you have enough iCloud+ Storage available? If it is full, you will not be able to access or use iCloud Mail until you upgrade your storage plan.

If possible, reply with error messages and/or alerts received when trying to access iCloud Mail.

If you attach screenshots, please be sure to omit any personal information.

I’m more than happy to help.

Enter your iCloud email on the Mail Lookup Tool, and confirm how it is set up: https://support.apple.com/mail

Resources

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 7, 2022 2:45 PM in response to cham195

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with iCloud Mail on all of your devices.

Could you confirm that you have Mail enabled within iCloud Settings?

iOS Settings > Name > iCloud > Mail should be swiped green.

If it is enabled, do you see your iCloud email listed under Settings > Name > Name, Phone Numbers, & Email > Reachable At?

It should be listed, along with your Apple ID email, and your phone number.

The iCloud email should also be listed under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive & Settings > FaceTime.

If it is not, I would recommend disabling Mail in iCloud Settings and enabling again.

That set aside, do you have enough iCloud+ Storage available? If it is full, you will not be able to access or use iCloud Mail until you upgrade your storage plan.

If possible, reply with error messages and/or alerts received when trying to access iCloud Mail.

If you attach screenshots, please be sure to omit any personal information.

I’m more than happy to help.

Enter your iCloud email on the Mail Lookup Tool, and confirm how it is set up: https://support.apple.com/mail

Resources

icloud email unresponsive for months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.