You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My kids used to use my apple account, someone lost a phone & had changed the password. The userid was my email. We no longer use this account (its been years). How do I reuse my email address if still not available.

How do I reuse my email address in a new account. Cannot log out of old account - no one knows password. Started new account. Now want to change new account userid to old email address.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 3:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 3:40 AM

How do I reuse my email address in a new account.

You can't. It is already associated with an existing Apple ID - the one for which you have lost the password.

Try the list of instructions in If you forgot your Apple ID password

1 reply

My kids used to use my apple account, someone lost a phone & had changed the password. The userid was my email. We no longer use this account (its been years). How do I reuse my email address if still not available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.