You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocked iPhone

I need your help with my Walmart’s purchase. It was an iPhone XR, before I bought it I asked them if it was unlocked and they told me it is. But after four months when I tried to use another provider it doesn’t allowed me. than I contacted Walmart and they said after 27 hours it will be unlocked. Than 27 bass no change happen. Honestly,I am so frustrated. I contacted Walmart again and they suggest me to contact with Apple support. I need to find a solution to this problem can you help me with this.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:34 PM

Walmart does not sell unlocked iPhones. The only source for unlocked iPhones in the US is apple. The phones Walmart sells will lock to the first carrier used. Only the carrier it is locked to can unlock it. Contact them.

1 reply

Unlocked iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.