You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Revert back the option of Putback action on Trash finder

Hi,

I was doing a manual work of deleting the unwanted files and photos in one of my folder. More than 1000 jpg files had been deleted, While trying to empty the trash, I had clicked on put back and now all my deleted files are restored.

If I need to delete those files again it is a lot of manual work need to be done again. command + z on bin didn't work.

Can someone please suggest me how to undo that action (putting back the restored files to trash).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 4:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:30 PM

I understand what you are asking about, however, that is not possible. As you have discovered, Command-Z does not work for this particular action that you are looking for.

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

1 reply

Revert back the option of Putback action on Trash finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.