You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move phone number to a different iCloud account

I currently have both personal and work phone numbers on my personal iCloud account. I want to move my work number to my work iCloud account. Will I lose all my messages if I do this?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 9:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 9:55 PM

amcm2204 Said:

"Move phone number to a different iCloud account: I currently have both personal and work phone numbers on my personal iCloud account. I want to move my work number to my work iCloud account. Will I lose all my messages if I do this?"

-------

No. The messages are stored on your Carrier's end. Nothing on Apple's end. So, all would reside.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2022 9:55 PM in response to amcm2204

amcm2204 Said:

"Move phone number to a different iCloud account: I currently have both personal and work phone numbers on my personal iCloud account. I want to move my work number to my work iCloud account. Will I lose all my messages if I do this?"

-------

No. The messages are stored on your Carrier's end. Nothing on Apple's end. So, all would reside.

Move phone number to a different iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.