You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left Shift Key on my Mac zooms out on the window I am working on like mission control

My left shift key button seems to zoom out on the window or tab that I am currently on instead of capitalizing the letter I would like. I have clicked and unclicked all the options under mission control and keyboard preferences in general as well as clicked set to default but this shift key still performs mission control. How can i get it back to normal?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 7:07 AM

Check in System Preferences >> Keyboard >> Shortcuts.

Has that specific " Shift " key been mapped to " Zoom Out "?

Aside - profile showing Monterey 12.0 - current version released Dec 13, 2021 is version 12.1

5 replies

Jan 12, 2022 3:02 AM in response to PRP_53

Hi, thank you for your response. I have looked again where you mentioned in system preferences.

there doesn't seem to be an option just for left key in specific. I clicked and unclicked on all of the settings for the keyboard, all of them and the shift button still zooms out. The image below it shows what it looks like when it zooms out.

Left Shift Key on my Mac zooms out on the window I am working on like mission control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.