You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Marks on M1 MacBook Air Screen

Anyone else having issues with their M1 MacBook Air keyboard and enclosure leaving marks on the screen? I regularly clean the keyboard and periodically the screen, and don't use a keyboard cover. I don't normally take my MacBook anywhere, and I take care of it. It is stored on a desk every night outside of a case. There is nothing that would cause this besides poor design. The other annoying thing about this is it also means that any dirt/debris that happens to get on the keyboard and isn't wiped off before closing the screen will be ground into the screen, potentially leaving permanent marks/scratches.

Is this a known issue, and has anyone had it rectified?

Thanks,

Richard.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 8:51 AM

I think this is a static issue. you can lay a piece of non static paper or thin chamois over your keyboard before you close the screen.

Similar questions

1 reply

Keyboard Marks on M1 MacBook Air Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.