You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook cracked screen

Hello Mac Book users!

Anyone ever have issues with MacBook screens cracking with no damage and for no reason? I have three Apple Macs and they are constantly under repair, even within warranty. Anyone else have these ongoing problems?

Seems so wasteful to keep buying new computers all the time. 🙄

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 10:37 PM

This morning (28 Jan 2022) my MacBookAir of about a yr old had a cracked screen suddenly. I just closed it and moved to my next class and when i reopened it there were lines at the side and bottom of the screen!

My last Mac of 20 yrs old never had such problem.

I googled and found an article on line concerning this same issue in US as attached below. I am bringing in to support service centre tomorrow but on the phon e was told screen is not covered by warranty! But they have to diagnose the issue first.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2022 10:37 PM in response to Roberts108

This morning (28 Jan 2022) my MacBookAir of about a yr old had a cracked screen suddenly. I just closed it and moved to my next class and when i reopened it there were lines at the side and bottom of the screen!

My last Mac of 20 yrs old never had such problem.

I googled and found an article on line concerning this same issue in US as attached below. I am bringing in to support service centre tomorrow but on the phon e was told screen is not covered by warranty! But they have to diagnose the issue first.

Jan 27, 2022 10:46 PM in response to Juliekoh

Yes it’s worrying and mine had no damage.

They told me one crack means it’s their fault and the replacement would be covered by Apple but two hairline cracks originating from the same place meant it was damage by me???

The fact that the cracks are a fault of the product should be covered under consumer law.

The cost of repair is almost the cost of a new computer.

My computer is for work, so I will be claiming contract damages for the loss of the computer for so long.

Jan 28, 2022 12:43 AM in response to Roberts108

I bought my computer on 28 March 2021 which is less than a year.

My computer has no damage or any form of accident or any form of rough usage, just my usual open and close.

Strangely our issue is not solved, my problem just started on how to get this fixed with no loss to me since it is less than a year old and how can a Macbook has such issue and if the customer is at fault over it?

The community feedback says it solved yr issue?

Jan 28, 2022 7:45 PM in response to Juliekoh

My issue hasn’t been resolved but I am taking it up with an Australian consumer law claim. The fair trading ombudsman in your country will help. Apple knows the cracked screens are an issue. Don’t let them not help you with it when your computer is a year old.

My case still remains unresolved so I will seeking a contract damages claim for the new computer I had to purchase in the interim for my business.

MacBook cracked screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.