You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help deleting apps

I have some apps on my MacBook that will not delete! I try to click and drag them to the bin and they just bounce back. I've tried everything and they will not go away! How do I force them to delete?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:06 AM

Need_all_the_help_I_can_get wrote:

I have some apps on my MacBook that will not delete! I try to click and drag them to the bin and they just bounce back. I've tried everything and they will not go away! How do I force them to delete?

Knowing what specific application(s) in particular might help here...

• macOS built in apps can not be deleted from the macOS...
  • Did you look for an in-app Uninstaller...?
  • Third party applications did you refer to the Developers website for Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility:

Contact a third party vendor

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201777

How to uninstall apps on your Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2022 9:06 AM in response to Need_all_the_help_I_can_get

Need_all_the_help_I_can_get wrote:

Knowing what specific application(s) in particular might help here...

• macOS built in apps can not be deleted from the macOS...
  • Did you look for an in-app Uninstaller...?
  • Third party applications did you refer to the Developers website for Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility:

Contact a third party vendor

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201777

How to uninstall apps on your Mac

Need help deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.