You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 7 upgrade

Hi,

I bought Logic pro 7 before moving house quite a few years ago and now, finally have room for my studio.

However, the system on my newer computer won't let me run Logic pro 7 saying it isn't supported for newer machines.

Will Apple allow me to upgrade to the new logic or will I have to pay for it all over again?

I have no idea how to upgrade it without buying it again... there doesn't appear to be the option to do that! Any ideas anyone?

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 4:00 PM

But from Logic Pro 8 onwards the upgrades were free?

Nope. One still had to pay to upgrade to 9. But since Logic Pro X was released, the approach changed: users pay $199 once and upgrades are free (so far).

4 replies

Jan 10, 2022 10:56 AM in response to wardofrays

Actually, if I understand you correctly, you'd have had to pay to upgrade to a newer version of Logic, anyway. Let's say, if you wanted to go from 7 to 8 or 9 about a decade ago, that would've cost you more than buying a current version of Logic Pro X for $200 now.

That being said, the answer to your question is no, unfortunately. However, you could still keep and use Logic 7, if you like. You'll just need a Mac running a legacy version of OSX. Or, in case your new Mac is powerful enough, you may run a legacy OSX version in a virtual machine. There are images of installation DVD for OSX Snow Leopard available to download online (if you ask folks in OSX / macOS discussions, they might point you in the right direction).

Logic Pro 7 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.