You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update my apple watch series 1

Hi, I have a problem I have on my apple watch series 1 watchOS 4. I read that i am able to update it on watchOS 6, but when I am searching for new update, it tells me, that I have the latest update. Please help me. Do you have any advice, what to do?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:08 PM

You likely have an original Apple Watch model, not Apple Watch Series 1 (yes, it is a touch confusing). The original Apple Watch can only be updated to watchOS 4, whereas the Series 1 can be updated to watchOS 6. You can use the information on this page to identify your Apple Watch model: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204507

I should note that the latest version of watchOS is watchOS 8 which requires an Apple Watch Series 3 or later. Pairing an older Apple Watch model to your iPhone can lead to compatibility issues.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2022 9:08 PM in response to __Matty__

You likely have an original Apple Watch model, not Apple Watch Series 1 (yes, it is a touch confusing). The original Apple Watch can only be updated to watchOS 4, whereas the Series 1 can be updated to watchOS 6. You can use the information on this page to identify your Apple Watch model: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204507

I should note that the latest version of watchOS is watchOS 8 which requires an Apple Watch Series 3 or later. Pairing an older Apple Watch model to your iPhone can lead to compatibility issues.

Hope this helps!

I can’t update my apple watch series 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.