You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps re-adding tracks to playlist after I remove them

Hello,

I am trying to remove tracks from a playlist but every time I do, they magically reappear several moments later. This happens if I remove the tracks using the PC app. Trying to remove them using the Android app might work for a few tracks (which come back eventually), but then it just says "Removed from Playlist and does nothing.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 1:54 PM

Presumably you have a subscription to Apple Music. It sounds as if changes you're making are not being copied to the iCloud Music Library. Are you by any chance still running Windows 7 or 8? Have you tried turning iCloud Music Library aka Sync Library off and then back on again?

tt2

2 replies

Jan 10, 2022 12:37 PM in response to posdit

I think that you need to provide some more information.

You've posted in the iTunes for Window arena, which implies that the issue is in your iTunes Library or on an Apple device such as an iPod or iPhone. Is this problem occurring in your iTunes Library? If so, what do you mean by "PC app" because iTunes is "an application" (the "PC app" perhaps) on a computer running Windows. iTunes' purpose is to manage portable Apple devices, such as iPods. It is not intended to manage Android devices.

posdit wrote:

Trying to remove them using the Android app might work for a few tracks (which come back eventually), but then it just says "Removed from Playlist and does nothing.

Since Android apps don't yet work on a PC, I assume that you mean on an Android device, not an Apple device, in which case, why are you posting on the Apple forum?

Are you referring to a Playlist in your iTunes Library, or is it on an Apple device or an Android device?

iTunes keeps re-adding tracks to playlist after I remove them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.