You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete my mail account on my iPad will it delete on my phone too?

I am not seeing any of my mail after updating my iPad.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 11:00 PM

Hi 99Lee, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I note the link above will help get your email back on your iPad after your update.

However, in the later versions of IOS e.g. 15.2 Apple Mail allows you to delete an email account only on the iPad. It does not delete it from other devices.

This can vary depending on the type of email e.g. Microsoft Exchange, SMTP... but generally that's how it works.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2022 11:00 PM in response to 99Lee

Hi 99Lee, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I note the link above will help get your email back on your iPad after your update.

However, in the later versions of IOS e.g. 15.2 Apple Mail allows you to delete an email account only on the iPad. It does not delete it from other devices.

This can vary depending on the type of email e.g. Microsoft Exchange, SMTP... but generally that's how it works.

Jan 13, 2022 10:25 AM in response to 99Lee

99Lee Said:

"If I delete my mail account on my iPad will it delete on my phone too?: So why doesn’t my mail show up after updating my iPad? How do I get it back?

———-

You Likely Removed it, Unknowingly:

If it is not showing up, then you may have unknowingly removed the device from your list of trusted devices. So, log back in (using an app password, if required).

If I delete my mail account on my iPad will it delete on my phone too?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.