You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, my ipad updated to ios 15 and now I no longer have access to an app that I need data from. How do I recover this data or revert back to ios 14

Hello, my ipad updated to ios 15 and now I no longer have access to an app that I need data from. How do I recover this data or revert back to ios 14. The app is no longer in the app store and the error reads: The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:18 AM

Having updated to iPadOS15, you’ll not be able to restore an earlier version of iPadOS.

All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed. At present, the only available update for devices capable of running iPadOS15 is the current version - iPadOS 15.2.

If you have an App that is not compatible with the installed version of iPadOS, you will need to seek assistance of the App Developer - as only the Developer will be able to update the affected App:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

If data associated with the App is critical, do not uninstall the currently installed App, as doing so will also delete the App’s associated data. The regain access to this data, unless the Developer can offer an alternative, you’ll need to wait for an update before you’ll be able to access the App’s data.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 10:18 AM in response to mchbco

Having updated to iPadOS15, you’ll not be able to restore an earlier version of iPadOS.

All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed. At present, the only available update for devices capable of running iPadOS15 is the current version - iPadOS 15.2.

If you have an App that is not compatible with the installed version of iPadOS, you will need to seek assistance of the App Developer - as only the Developer will be able to update the affected App:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

If data associated with the App is critical, do not uninstall the currently installed App, as doing so will also delete the App’s associated data. The regain access to this data, unless the Developer can offer an alternative, you’ll need to wait for an update before you’ll be able to access the App’s data.

Hello, my ipad updated to ios 15 and now I no longer have access to an app that I need data from. How do I recover this data or revert back to ios 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.